Sunday, December 25, 2011

A Christmas Village, Crazy Hair Day & A Cake!

On Tuesday the 20th we went to see the 5th grade Christmas Village at Tolman Elementary. Each student builds their own house out of cardstock and decorates it! Their teacher then provides them each with one little light bulb to light their house as part of their electricity unit. It was so fun! Great job Brandon!





Wednesday the 21st was the last day of school before Christmas vacation. The kids were actually supposed to begin their vacation on this day but due to a horrible windstorm we experienced at the beginning of the month where school had to be cancelled, the kids had to have a make-up day. Oh well. Basically they gave the kids a crazy hair day and had a read-a-thon & watched "Polar Express". Hannah did Kate's and Sara's hair for me and I made teacher gifts from and idea I saw on Pinterest.



Then on Thursday the 22nd I delivered a silvery snowflake wedding cake to a reception in West Bountiful. I love deliveries that are 6 minutes away! I also love my repeat clients - I did their other daughter's cake back in May of this year. Overall I was very happy with this cake. The top tier was vanilla cake with oreo buttercream. The middle tier was chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream (think chocolate mousse! yum!). The bottom tier was vanilla cake with raspberry buttercream. Everything edible except for the ribbons.

1 comment:

Jared and Kelly said...

Ok, where do I start. Reverse order, I guess. First, the cake was AMAZING!!!! So gorgeous. Jared and I often talk about hosting an event just so we can order one of your cakes. :) Next. Hannah could have a future as a hairdresser! My goodness - it takes some serious talent to get hair to look like that! Also AMAZING!! Lastly. That house Brandon made was so cool! And the light for it was really neat. Great to see blogs!