Saturday, December 1, 2007

Kayla Turns 12

Kayla just recently turned 12! Wow! This doesn't seem possible. We had a great night at her 12th birthday. Lily made a Tinkerbell cake and Kayla decorated it. We ate homemade pizza and opened presents. Then we watched Meet the Robinson's. Well, actually this all did not happen on her birthday. Michaela was so excited because her birthday was on her first night to attend mutual. We had a very nice evening with our stake president. He said some very good things to the youth. So then we held off for the celebration until Friday night.

One of the exciting things that has happened is Michaela has started playing the violin. Her elementary school has an orchestra where she has been learning to play. She's slowly getting used to the idea that playing is not easy and "No, your violin is not broken. It takes time for it to sound good."

One of the things Yaya's class is doing is their "university of learning." They are responsible to pick a topic they want to study. Then they spend time learning about that topic. Michaela chose baking desserts. The ghosties are one of the things she made for her class.

Not only is Michaela becoming a little confectionery baker extraordinaire, but she is also an exceptional artist. I included here a painting she created for her class in school.

She entered the reflections contest, a contest at school where students produce some kind of art project centered around a theme. We don't have an electronic image of her drawing, but it surely is neat to watch her developing her talents.

4 comments:

The Clark Family said...

I can not believe how grown up Michaela is and that she is in YW. I am in the YW presidency in my ward and have a hard time picturing little Michaela as a Beehive! But the pictures certainly show that she is ready!

The Pierce Family said...

Michaela, I can't believe how old you are! I hope you are enjoying YW...it is so much fun. I hope you got the YW necklace we sent you. Your picture is fabulous! Who is`Lily?

Michaela said...

I can't believe that I'm in young womens either. I think it's very fun though all of the girls are so sweet and the other new beehives are all my friends. I love you both and miss you.

Gardner Family said...

Hey Kayla! I realy,realy,realy miss you.I realy wish you were here. I'm realy excited you're 12.


Your Friend,
Maddison